Admissions Into Year Groups
The school is currently full in all year groups. (March 2017). There is a waiting list in place at present for all year groups.
If you have any queries regarding admissions to our school please contact Mrs Clayson in the School Office on 01604 665860.
If you would like your child to attend Preston Hedge’s please contact Mrs Clayson who will advise you of the current waiting list situation.
Over subscription Criteria
Places will allocated to pupils who have a statement of SEN or EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Pupils in public care or previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence/child arrangements order or special guardianship order (see definition of ‘Looked After Child’ on the NCC website)
- Pupils living within the area defined below* with an older brother or sister** continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Pupils who live closer to the preferred school than any other school*.
- Pupils with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Other pupils within the defined area as described below*.
- Other pupils.
*Please note: The urban area within which criteria (1), (2) and (5) operate is defined by the A45 to the West, the B526 Newport Pagnell Road to the North, Wooldale Road to the South and the extent of the Wootton Fields development to the East and South East.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (2) priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. The admission number is exceeded within criterion (3) places will be allocated on a random basis, pupils will be placed in alphabetical order and numbered. These numbers are then put into random order using electronic randomizer. This denotes the order in which these pupils will be allocated within the criterion.
If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances will be determined by the Local Authority measured on a straight line bases using a geographical information system.
A brother or sister living at the same address as the applicant (within a family unit) including adopted children, step-brothers, step-sisters and children in foster care. The sibling must be in the school at the time of application and be likely to remain in the school at the proposed date of admission.
Breakfast & After School Club Admissions
Please contact Mrs Clayson in the school office on 01604 665860 if you would like to book your child into these clubs.