Relationships, Personal, Social, Health & Economics Education (RPHSE)
Relationships Education is a compulsory curriculum area, and is designed to:
- Help children grow up healthy, happy and safe.
- Give children the knowledge to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships.
- Support children to manage the challenges and opportunities of modern Britain.
- Prepare children for a successful adult lives.
Here at Preston Hedge’s, the Relationship Education curriculum supports our Personal. Social, Health & Economics curriculum as we feel that all of these are essential in equipping our children with the skills and knowledge they need for the future.
Included within this curriculum is the opportunity to learn about equality and diversity, using appropriate language linked to this.
By the time the children have finished primary school, they will have been taught about Family & Relationships including:
- Family and people who care for them.
- Caring friendships.
- Respectful relationships.
- Online relationships.
- Being safe.
Furthermore, as part of PHSE curriculum, they will also learn about:
- Safety & the Changing Body
- Economic Wellbeing
- Health & Wellbeing (alongside the tools of the 5 ways to Wellbeing)
We teach RPHSE weekly, covering an area of each section across the term, so the children work on all the areas across the year, building on their knowledge and understanding and revisit all of the key areas termly.
The school consulted parents on our Relationship Education policy in Spring 2021, and following this, our policy was approved. Please see the document below: